Country Club de Chapala
Chapala, Jalisco Mexico
Office (376) 763-5384
Pro Shop (376) 763-5136
Restaurant (376) 763-5625
Contact Us - Locate Us
Country Club de Chapala (CCC) is a semi-private country club, offering a challenging golf course with beautiful surroundings. The golf course is built along the side of a mountain, with incredible views of Lake Chapala and surrounding mountains. You will find many holes have varying elevations and provide almost every imaginable lie. You will be challenged with blind shots, water shots, tree-lined fairways, and doglegs. You will enjoy practicing on a full-scale practice range with pitching area, putting green and sand trap practice area.
There are regular golfing group activities 6 days per week – more than one activity to choose from on at least 3 days per week. You can choose to participate in socially oriented competitive golfing activities several times each week.
Our hours are 7:30 a.m. to dusk. Winter times 6:30 a.m. till dusk. The golf course is closed to the public on Tuesdays (Women's Day) until 3:00 p.m., Wednesdays (Men's Day) until 3:00 p.m. and the 2nd and last Thursday of each month until 1 p.m. for a Mixed Couples Tournament. Green Fee Players are always welcome whenever the course is not closed and can either walk or rent carts. To keep an enjoyable speed of play caddies are required. One caddy can provide service for up to four players. Solo play is not permitted however the pro staff will try to fit you into an amicable group.
While our dining facilities are generally limited to members and their guests (especially for Club dinners and parties), green fee players are welcome to utilize them to enhance their golfing experience. We also offer golfing apparel and supplies for sale in our Pro Shop.
Country Club de Chapala’s golf course is a 9-hole layout. However, the creative placement of the two sets of tee boxes gives players of any caliber the satisfaction of playing a full round of 18 different holes.
The course has four sets of tees: blues, whites, reds, and yellows. There are several features distinctive to the course:
A double green for holes #3 and #12.
Hole # 12 is an elevated tee box with a fabulous 180-degree view of Lake Chapala and the surrounding mountains.
The old Tepecuage tree in the middle of fairway #2 and #11.
Bucket Brigade: The men’s morning group plays on Monday and Friday mornings. Teams are drawn at 7:55 a.m. with an 8:00 a.m. tee off.
Men's Afternoon Group: This group plays on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Tee off time is noon, except Wednesday when the tee off follows the conclusion of the morning Men's Day event. Arrive by 11:45 to drop your ball in. Foursomes are arranged by handicaps.
Women's Informal Bucket plays on Friday and Saturday mornings. Arrive by 8:00 a.m. to drop a ball in. They tee off about 8:30 a.m.
The course offers other challenges such as putting in mountain terrain (Is it up or down?). There are convex greens testing your soft lob shot, and sand traps surrounding most of the greens. The slope rating is 123 from the blue tees (conforms to USGA Standards).
Our experienced caddies, who have extensive knowledge of the terrain, are appreciated by visitors and members as well.
We request that you adhere to our dress policy. No t-shirts, sun tops, camisoles, short shorts, cut-offs, tennis shorts, gym shorts, bathing suits, or jeans jogging pants are allowed on the driving range or our golf course.
For men, all shirts must have collars and sleeves unless it is a merchandized collarless golf shirt.
We invite you to look at our scorecard, below, to get a better feel for this beautiful course.
A. We respect the rules in place to maintain an orderly flow on the golf course:
B. We are committed to reduce the incidence of slow play on our course:
- We alternate tee-off positions with golfers coming onto the 1st hole from the first nine.
- We begin our golfing on hole #1 or #10 only, unless the Pro Shop Staff authorizes otherwise.
- When we break the normal flow with an extended visit to the club house, we will await the next available opening before again teeing off.
- We manage groups playing on the course and do not allow any group larger than a foursome onto the course.
- We require that a caddy be hired by members whenever there are more than two golfers in a group.
- We require that all green fee players must hire at least one caddie depending on size of group.
- In times of peak play the Pro Shop Staff may require that twosomes join together to make a foursome.
C. We take pride in our golf course:
- We require that every playing member in the group have his/her own equipment.
- Golfers who have an open hole in front will wave through the waiting group behind.
D. We are concerned about the safety of our members and our guests:
- We do not allow steel spikes onto our golf course. Soft spikes are required.
- We always repair our ball marks on putting greens and fill our fairway divots with sand (and others’, whenever we notice).
- We respect the signs of direction for the electric golf carts, and never will we drive our carts inside a 30 yard perimeter zone surrounding the greens.
- We always obey the “Rain Flag” when it’s posted.
- We respect the club’s Dress Code, and require that all of our guests do likewise.
E. We help the club’s staff as best we can to do their jobs efficiently:
- No more than 2 people at a time shall ride in an electric cart.
- Lobbing balls onto the practice putting green with a lofted club is not allowed.
- Practice is limited to areas designed for same - the driving range, putting green, pitching range and practice sand trap areas.
- Practice is not allowed on the course.
- Non golfers under the age of 12 are not allowed to walk on the course.
F. We promote the financial well being of our club:
- We require that our guests visibly attach their green fee tags to their bags.
- Guests who visit our clubhouse after the game should carry their tag with them.
- We ask that all food and beverages consumed on the course be purchased from the club house.
- We require that all practice balls used by non-members on the club’s practice ranges be rented at the Proshop.